Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Comes But Once A Year...

Thanksgiving is over, and I now have a big dose of Christmas spirit racing through my veins. I think it was a fashion article I read on Christmas party dresses that really got me going. Anyway, this weekend I should finish all my shopping and haul everything down to the post office so Santa Claus can deliver everything. From what I have been hearing about the postal service lately, I'm sure they will be very happy to have my business this year.

I have a love/hate relationship with shopping malls. My guy side doesn't care for them. My gal side does. I don't think I mind getting sprayed with perfume as much as the other guys out shopping. I always enjoy the people watching at the mall. And then there's my all-time fantasy wish list for Santa: if only he could make me a perfect size 6!

Christmas Comes But Once A Year is the title to one of my favorite old-time cartoons. This was a cartoon produced by the Fleischer brothers for Paramount. You can find it on You Tube. It always makes me smile and puts me in a joyful mood. The special church services and choir music always puts me in a spiritual mode and puts a smile on my face as we celebrate the birth of the Christ child.

I put a Christmas countdown timer on the page to help me keep track of time. I have nothing to do with any ads that accompany it, but plan to be in bed asleep during the final five minutes before the big day. It'll only be up during the holidays. Come February I really don't care how many shopping days I have until December 25th.

I sincerely hope everyone has a very nice Christmas. If you celebrate another special observance during this time of the year, I hope you enjoy the holidays and still wish you a Merry Christmas. And if you don't celebrate anything during this time of the year, I sincerely hope you enjoy the season and still wish you a Merry Christmas.

And now to prepare for Easter. I need a new pair of white shoes.


Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment